Today I was supposed to review The Secret In Their Eyes but unfortunately time somehow shrank itself and I wasn't able to finish it in time. Fortunately there is something great I'd like to share with you:
This week I received the Versatile Blogger Award from the lovely Barbara Fisher at March House Books Blog. Thank you Barbara, it is absolutely amazing to be in such wonderful company. Please check out Barbara's blog at March House Books Blog.
By accepting the award I agree to:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
2. Share seven random facts about myself.
3. Pass the award on to five blogger friends.
4. Contact and Congratulate the nominated blogs.
So, seven random facts.... Ok, here goes:
1. For about 5 of my early teen years my favorite book series was about the adventures of Angelique by Anne Golon (here known as Sergeanne Golon). Whenever I would share a factoid obviously not learned at school dad would smile and say that Angelique was a very educational series. I think that was one of the few reasons they let me to keep reading it.
2. In addition to English I speak Russian and Ukrainian fluently.
3. I keep telling myself that "this year I will most certainly run a 5K" and then never do. Laziness and books emerge victorious time and time again.
4. I love pasta and baked goods of any kind.
5. I am an african violet enthusiast.
6. For about a year after we got married my husband continued to work on communication towers and I traveled with him.
7. I'm already working on a list of books I'd like to read next year and have to constantly remind myself to leave some room for the wonderful unexpected finds and recommendations that are sure to come.
And here are the 5 blogger friends I'd like to pass this award to, in no particular order (drumroll please!):
Watts in a Word - Ali reads books in a variety of genres and her blog is great for ideas when you're looking for something other than what's been reviewed by a lot of people already.
Have You Read... - Linda's reviews are brief but informative and always fun. She also includes her favorite quote and tidbits such as other books in the series or a link to the author's page.
A Book A Day - Mary reads and blogs mainly about YA books and includes an age group recommendation in her reviews.
Reader's Dialogue - Esther reads both general and genre fiction and her reviews are always interesting and thoughtful.
Kindle in Hong Kong - Shannon blogs about her life in Hong Kong and the books she reads while there. Reading her posts is like taking a road trip to the other side of the world.
Give these wonderful and fun blogs some love! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.