Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Special Feature - Things: Book Art

Have you guys heard of Pinterest? If not I would recommend that you stop by and check it out. Then again, it's pretty addictive so enter at your own risk. In any case, that site has proven to be a veritable cornucopia of all sorts of fun information, including ideas for Special Feature posts such as this one and when I saw this image on one of the boards I follow there I knew immediately that I had to share it with you. I'm usually not a supporter of using books for anything other than reading material but projects such as this catch my eye with their artistic vision and skillful execution.
Please visit Rochelle Donald's stream on Flickr for the rest of her Where Books Come To Life set. The Harry Potter one is pretty amazing!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen these. I am in awe. Firstly, I would have so much trouble cutting up a book but these are so gorgeous and some of them are very intricate! I could never do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really amazing snippets of art! :-) and with a bookish theme - even better! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete