BookExpo America (BEA) 2012 will be held June 5-7, 2012 at the Javits Center in New York City and a lot of people are already preparing for the trip. A friend of mine will be going for the first time (I so wish I was going with her!) and a while back began soliciting BEA newbie advice. I figure some of you might be going yourselves so here is a handful of links to blogs and sites with information on what to expect and how to prepare for the possibly overwhelming awesomeness that is BEA. Here goes!
- First stop is the BEA official website where you'll find hours, floor plan, specials, author events and other useful information.
- Publishers Weekly has a list of select galleys that will be available at the Expo (so you know what to look forward to and save some space in your wheely-bag).
- Bite My Books posted tips in 2010 and in 2011, check out both posts, they are full of great information.
- The Story Siren did a post last year that's set us as a Q&A. Check it out here.
- La Femme Readers have another Q&A in their BEA: All You Need to Know + More! post.
- Something Bookish did a post in 2010 based on the blogger's experience at the Expo. Although the blog seems to have fizzled in 2011 this information is pretty interesting.
- Beth Fish Reads is another blogger who posted tips on two different occasions. Check out both Part 1 and Part 2.
- Cindy's Love of Books has some great tips for this year's BEA.